When it roars, the jungle becomes quiet and listens.
The Proud Lions Club is an NFT that depicts the Alpha Lion, which everyone hears. Proud Lions Club came into existence due to the amalgamation of several reasons and factors. NFTs are usually attached to some artwork or another, with little or no utility whatsoever. PLC bridges the gap between the virtual and the real world. Since the pandemic, the countries which rely mainly on tourism for their GDP have been severely affected. Thus, through tourism, PLC offers something to connect between the virtual and the real world.
What makes PLC unique is that, like other organizations that had numerous pitfalls, did not deliver the roadmaps that they had promised, scams coming on the way with no social cause, the Proud Lions Club makes it clear that it is a completely transparent organization and loaded with utilities right from the get-go. For instance, as promised, PLC listens to its members, who had inclined PLC to improve the quality of the artwork. Now the painting has reached a whole new level.
A unique way of learning about NFTs was that each member had to take up specific courses so that everyone would be on the same page; they would know all the ins and outs and technical side of the NFT space. The team has been so committed to their goal that they even used to take weekly quizzes to upskill themselves in this new world that they were venturing into.
- Amal – AKA King Lion – initiated the concept of the Proud Lions Club and thus is the Project Lead. He has been in the crypto world since 2016. Amal has always been a tech guy who has provided his services to several gaming platforms in the VR and AR space. Before getting into NFTs, he was into crypto mining. Building rigs worth over $150,000, but soon realized the environmental effects of the business, he soon stopped the mining venture and started looking for other alternatives in the Defi space. He soon learned about NFTs and created his first NFT from an old hand-drawn artwork, which he sold for $30. This shows that Amal is a person who experiences first and then gives his heart to that particular job. Phantom Galaxy was his first NFT project, where he got involved with the community and started investing financially, after which he became one of the beta-testers of the P2E game. The same goes for other NFT projects, for instance, ‘Dragon Watch Heroes’, where he moved from being a member to a lead moderator. This was when he introduced a server token called Dragon Coins, which had to be earned by doing a series of tasks and activities. One more service that he provided to the Nifty’s community on the Matrix NFT project was that he made a custom rarity app that members could use to check and rank their NFT’s.
- Jonathan – the Hunk Lion – the Community and Sales Manager, is one of the co-founders. He was part of a lot of gaming competitions and P2E ones too. Being from a finance background, after joining the crypto space in 2019, he has realized that not only do the derivatives in the real world earn money, but NFTs are there in the virtual world to earn revenue. ‘Wild Goat Gang’ has a close partnership with PLC and the reason is that Jonathan along with other core members have a total 15 ‘goats’ together and are the part of the top members of that NFT group. Like Amal, Jonathan is also a part of ‘Dragon Watch Heroes’.
- Hiran – Rogue Lion – Event and Contest Expert, also has a finance background but has been into mobile gaming for a long. Starting from Call of Duty to League of Ancients, he has come a long way and received monetary rewards for playing games. In 2019, when he had conversations with Amal, he researched Ethereum, Solana, etc. PLC shall be having events and different contests, the central part of which shall be Hiran.
- Adil – Punk Lion – deals with all the financial technicalities of the club. He tracks all the financials for and of the members. He believes that ‘everything is possible, which made him the youngest broker amongst the 50 in the company where he was working. Dealing with bonds and swaps, he realized that dealing with NFTs was nothing other than the usage of different terms but had the same technicalities.
- Shehrayar – Skywalker – is the brain behind the smart contract development of the group. He is a full-stack developer and had years of experience on multiple NFT projects. He has already written more than 50% of the utilities for the PLC roadmap even before the pre-sale. Shehrayar has written many new and custom scripts for the PLC contract to optimize gas fees and provide users with an easy, hassle-free experience.
The core team of the Proud Lions Club is not aloof with the operations and milestones of the institution. Rather each member is giving his best to understand the virtual world so that they can give back to the community and also to the world at large. Sharing the same values has made this team move forward at a much higher speed than expected. Getting a place at the ETH Conference, for instance, isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.